BEACHWOOD, Ohio — According to Cleveland Magazine, Beachwood is the top city to live in in Northeast Ohio out of Cleveland’s 77 suburbs.
Cleveland Magazine released its Best Places to Live Issue, which featured the magazine’s annual rating the suburbs feature.
Beachwood came in at the top of the list due to its top-rated schools, walkability, diversity, shopping, aquatic center and dog park.
“We are thrilled to achieve this ranking which is something that clearly reflects all the hard work delivered by city government officials and city hall employees,” states Mayor Justin Berns. “We take great pride in this recognition, and we thank all of our residents for their great choice to live in this magnificent city.”
The staff at Cleveland Magazine spent numerous hours researching to rank Cleveland’s suburbs. The factors evaluated the most were safety, education and housing.
“The second-best school system of our suburbs, Beachwood’s walkability (90% of roads with sidewalks) and diversity (29.7%, the second-highest in the top 20) propel it into the top spot this year,” said the Cleveland Magazine staff. “With Beachwood Place Mall, a super-fun aquatics complex and perhaps the best dog park in the Land, there’s always something to do in this bustling suburb.”
Based on the towns with the highest scores, the staff compiled a list of the top 20.
Cleveland’s 20 Best Places to Live:
- Rocky River
- Pepper Pike
- Moreland Hills
- Orange Village
- Bay Village
- Chagrin Falls
- Highland Heights
- Bath Township
- Shaker Heights
- Avon Lake
- Mayfield Village
- Mayfield Heights
- Broadview Heights
- Middleburg Heights
According to the City of Beachwood, other materials involved in the ranking included median home sale prices, property taxes, population, poverty, diversity and owner-occupied housing, environmental infractions, community services, roads with sidewalks, alternative commute and commute time to work source.
- What you need to know as more Northeast Ohio counties elevated to 'high' and 'medium' COVID levels on CDC map
- Cleveland injury attorney, advocate Jeff Friedman dies at 74
- Judge Sergio DiGeronimo's Memorial Day speech includes common attacks on critical race theory, Black Lives Matter, gender issues
- 23rd woman files civil lawsuit accusing Cleveland Browns QB Deshaun Watson of sexual misconduct
- 6 indicted in torturing and killing of 21-year-old Alishah Pointer
- Ohio State Highway Patrol reports 17 deaths on roadways during Memorial Day weekend
- Ohio to announce universal start date for sports betting: What to expect