CLEVELAND — A detective from the Cleveland Division of Police has been placed on restricted duty after being charged with domestic violence in Parma.
Thirty-nine-year-old Det. Raul Atanacio was charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic for his actions during an April 6 incident.
The details of the incident have not been released at this time.
Under restricted duty, Antanacio is not to have any contact with the public pending the outcome of the investigation.
Antanacio was hired by the Department in 2007. He was currently serving the Sex Crimes and Child Abuse Unit.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- RELATED: Walmart, Sam's Club now offering COVID-19 vaccine appointments in Northeast Ohio
- RELATED: Rental prices soar in the suburbs, as city prices slide
- RELATED: 'This world has lost a REAL ONE': Entertainers react to DMX passing
- RELATED: 2021 NFL Draft stage in Cleveland begins to take shape; reservations on NFL OnePass app running out
- RELATED: Fashion Friday: Spring fashion trends for men and women
- RELATED: More than 450,000 Cuyahoga County residents have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- RELATED: BGSU permanently bans Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity from campus
- RELATED: Derek Chauvin isn’t incarcerated during trial and hasn’t been since October
- RELATED: Caitlyn Jenner considers run for California governor
- RELATED: Watch | Yes, businesses can require that you show proof of COVID-19 vaccination with a "COVID vaccine passport": Legally Speaking with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: 'I assume you are a dangerous person': Suspect in Perry Nuclear Power Plant incident arraigned in Painesville Municipal Court