CLEVELAND — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from Nov. 3, 2020.
According to the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority (RTA), 12 of its employees have tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the past week.
RELATED: More local news from WKYC
The RTA's most recent positive tests include:
- Two mechanics, one operator and one training instructor from the Hayden District.
- One bus operator and one hostler from the Triskett District.
- One equipment maintainer and one facilities maintenance worker from the Rail District.
- Two officers from Transit Police.
- One bus operator and one dispatcher from Paratransit.
As a part of RTA's standard protocol, work areas, equipment and other areas of potential exposure have been cleaned and disinfected. Any staff members who had been in contact with employees who tested positive were notified immediately, according to RTA.
Dating back to the start of the coronavirus pandemic, 78 RTA employees have tested positive for COVID-19, with 48 having fully recovered and returned to work.