CLEVELAND — A 14-year-old girl in Cleveland was killed in a shooting that took place in the early hours of Monday morning.
According to the Cleveland Division of Police, preliminary information indicates that a vehicle pulled into the driveway of the girl's home, which is located in the 9700 block of Columbia Ave. Shots were fired from the occupants of the vehicle into the home, fatally striking the girl in the head. The girl was lying in her bed at the time of the shooting.
Officers responded at approximately 12 a.m., with the girl pronounced dead on the scene. The mother of the victim and three other children were uninjured in the shooting.
The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the victim as Abebreanna M. Jackson.
An investigation is ongoing and anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact investigators at 216-623-5464. Anonymous information can be provided and a cash reward of up to $5,000.00 may be available.
This is a developing story. Stick with 3News for the latest updates.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- Fugitive of the Week: Leroy Billips wanted for homicide by the US Marshals Service and Euclid Police Department
- 'I have arrived in hell': Assistant chief retires on anniversary of Cleveland's deadliest house fire
- LIVE BLOG | Stone Foltz hazing death trial: Court resumes 9 a.m. Monday
- Report: Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims
- The traffic initiative Operation 'Wheels Down' Cleveland yields immediate results in first day
- Atlanta pastor found stabbed to death, burned by man recently released from prison she was ministering to
- Wheelchair accessible van stolen from Sacramento man living with muscular dystrophy
- Ex-'American Idol' star charged in deadly South Carolina crash granted bond
- JD Vance promotes racist “replacement” theory, Cleveland council calls to change FirstEnergy stadium name, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- Lorain County drug bust leads to man's arrest
- Bill pushes feds to notify families of sick, dying inmates
- Woman riding as passenger in vehicle killed in Akron shooting
- Ex-South Carolina deputy sentenced after detainees drown in locked van
- 28-year-old mother of 9 killed in car crash; her father is shot to death days later