CLEVELAND — Congratulations!
The 150th Cleveland Police Academy graduates today as Mayor Justin Bibb will administer the oath of office from Public Hall at 11 a.m.
The class includes 25 Cleveland patrol officers.
Also expected at the police academy’s graduation ceremony are:
- New Cleveland Police Chief Wayne Drummond
- Director of Public Safety Karrie D. Howard
The 148th and 149th Cleveland Police Academy classes graduated back in early March.
"Know that when your days grow weary, when things get hard, remember that credo: Protect and serve," Mayor Bibb said during the March graduation moments after the classes were sworn in. "We’re counting on each and every one of you. Congratulations.”
- Cleveland Police Patrolman's Association president says understaffing in department is major concern
- 'Progress takes time': Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb reacts to over 100 homicides in city in 2022 in interview with 3News' Russ Mitchell
- Tamara McLoyd found guilty on murder charges in killing of Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek
- Cleveland City Council passes law requiring city to release body and dash camera footage of use-of-force incidents within 7 days
- New Cleveland Police Chief Wayne Drummond goes one-on-one with 3News' Russ Mitchell
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in a previous Cleveland police story on Aug. 4, 2022.