CLEVELAND — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from an unrelated story.
A 17-year-old facing a murder charge is back in custody after escaping on Tuesday. According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Malakhi Young was taken into custody in the 13000 block of Astor Avenue in Cleveland late Tuesday night.
Young, who is facing a murder charge in Lorain County, was being held by the Ohio Department of Youth Services (DYS) in Shaker Heights on an unrelated charge. He was last seen on Chagrin Boulevard in Shaker Heights and was considered armed and dangerous prior to being recaptured.
His escape remains under investigation.
More crime coverage from WKYC:
- Man wanted in connection with drive-by shooting of 13-year-old in Euclid apprehended
- Chardon's Coach Frank Hall responds to yet another school shooting
- 15-year-old boy shot and killed following 'altercation' in Akron
- Gunman kills at least 19 children at Texas elementary school
- Ohio politicians react to deadly Texas elementary school shooting
- All 4 suspects in Stark County murder case now in custody; 1 hostage freed
- Detailed preview of what Deshaun Watson’s accusers will say and his lawyer's response on HBO Real Sports, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- Elyria Police: 1 man dead, 1 woman injured after shooting at apartment complex
- LIVE BLOG | BGSU hazing death trial: Prosecution expected to rest case Wednesday
- 32-year-old Akron man fatally shot Monday
- FBI seeking suspect who robbed First Federal Bank in Gordon Square
- Arrest warrant issued for Canton man accused of threatening woman, crashing car in Summit County
- Cleveland City Council votes to increase fines for off-road vehicles, stunt driving on city streets
- Cleveland Police: 5 people wounded in shooting on city's east side