CLEVELAND — A man was fatally struck on I-90 East in Cleveland on Monday afternoon.
The incident took place eastbound on I-90 between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Eddy Road. Cleveland Emergency Medical Services says that it responded to I-90 and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, where the man was declared dead upon arrival.
The man has since been identified as 35-year-old Larry V Burkett-Uher of Cleveland.
Police say Burkett-Uher was waiting to cross I-90 eastbound near Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. to pick a wheel that came off of his car. A 2006 Hyundai Azera that was driven by a 62-year-old man was traveling eastbound on I-90 and struck Burkett-Uher as he was crossing all four lanes of the highway. The driver of the Hyundai was transported by EMS to MetroHealth for treatment.
I-90 eastbound at E. 72nd St. was closed for more than an hour by the Cleveland Division of Police. All lanes were reopened at approxiately 4:15 p.m.
Stick with 3News for more on this story as it develops.
- Driver of motorcycle killed in crash in City of Green
- Fugitive of the Week: Correy Hill wanted by the United States Marshals Service and the Lorain County Sheriff’s Office
- Chase Bank and KeyBank robberies under investigation by the Akron Police Department
- 1 person dead following shooting involving Portage County deputy
- Lyndhurst Police: Business owner dies days after being shot in vehicle
- 'Pure evil:' 10 killed in Buffalo, NY shooting labeled as hate crime
- Fire takes place at Crash Champions body shop in Chagrin Falls
- ‘Heroic individuals’ help lift vehicle off juvenile struck while riding bicycle in Twinsburg
- Man found shot and killed inside East Akron home; police searching for suspects
- One man wounded in shooting at Public Square in Downtown Cleveland; police searching for suspect
- Law enforcement, political leaders discuss rise in youth violence throughout Cleveland