CLEVELAND — Officials confirm a body was located in the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland's Flats Tuesday afternoon.
Division of Fire crews pulled the corpse from the water just south of Columbus Road near Merwin Avenue, part of the Irishtown Bend. The individual has been described as a deceased male but has not been identified at this time.
Authorities did not indicate if they believed foul play was involved. The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy while an investigation commences.
This is a developing story. Please stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- Cleveland police: 19-year-old shot in the back on Goodman Avenue
- LIVE BLOG | Tracking Ohio's 2021 general election with real-time updates
- Leading the Land: Cleveland mayoral candidates chasing votes in final hours before election
- Election Day 2021: Cleveland City Council seats up for grabs
- CDC panel OK's COVID-19 vaccines for kids 5-11
- Near total abortion ban proposed in Ohio mimics Texas law but goes further
- 'Highly concerning student behaviors': Akron Public Schools teachers union calls for action
- Experts say mental health resources needed in schools to help stem violence
- 14-year-old boy fatally shot in Maple Heights; two teens in custody
- Funeral arrangements announced for Jeanette 'Jay' Stokes, widow of former Cleveland-area Rep. Louis Stokes
- VOTER GUIDE | Everything to know about Ohio's 2021 general election and how to find your polling place
- 3News Investigates: Exclusive audio reveals suspect admitting sexual encounter with Barbara Blatnik on night of her murder