CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police responded to a home in the Slavic Village neighborhood where a fire broke out on Wednesday. A suspected meth lab is in the basement of the house.
Four of the house's occupants have been hospitalized as a result of the incident on Alice Avenue.
The bomb squad responded to the area and the fire arson team was on the scene. Arson investigators say there was a loud noise in the basement and a woman emerged on fire.
According to Lt. Michael Norman of the Cleveland Division of Fire, the woman suffered 12% burns on her body and was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center. Her three children were also taken to MetroHealth due to smoke inhalation.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your inbox each weekday morning with the free 3News to GO! newsletter
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
Want to be among the first to know the most important local and national news? Download the free WKYC app and get updates right on your phone: Android, Apple.
More Northeast Ohio Headlines:
- Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb files motion to expunge more than 4,000 marijuana convictions
- 12-year-old North Royalton girl found safe after Amber Alert; suspect captured in Cleveland
- Ohio State Highway Patrol dashcam video shows chase of suspect wanted for murder of Bluffton police officer
- Suspect accused of stabbing Orange police officer faces attempted aggravated murder charge
- North Canton police: Alcohol believed to be factor in car submerged in Arrowhead Golf Course pond; driver charged
- Two missing teens found safe in Euclid
- July trial set for woman charged with killing Cleveland police officer Shane Bartek
- Ohio National Guard member charged for reportedly threatening to fly plane into Anheuser-Busch plant
- Missing woman found safe, 2 arrested in connection with reported kidnapping at Cleveland RTA station