CLEVELAND — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
The Monster Jam Stadium Series is coming to FirstEnergy Stadium for the first time ever this summer.
Monster Jam is celebrating its 30th anniversary this summer with a trip to the Dawg Pound on Saturday, July 2. Monster Jam features world-class athletes that take part in intense competitions of both speed and skill. The drivers are trained athletes that have mastered the physical and mental strength that’s needed to compete at the highest level of monster truck driving. The 12,000-pound vehicles are capable of backflips, riding vertically on two wheels, and reaching speeds of up to 70 miles-per-hour.
The lineup as far as trucks in attendance has not yet been fully announced, although it will feature Grave Digger, one of the more legendary monster trucks of all-time.
Tickets to the event are on sale now, and may be purchased through ticketmaster.com. The event at FirstEnergy Stadium will also be featuring a Pit Party from 2:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m., in which fans will be able to meet their favorite drivers and crews, and see the massive monster trucks up close. After the Pit Party, the Monster Jam Stadium Championship Series will begin at 7 p.m.
More local news from WKYC:
- Bond set at $25,000 for man charged in Akron attack after using racial slur
- Subway not returning to Cedar Point in 2022: Here’s the new dining option taking its place
- Guide: Where to find the best paczki in Northeast Ohio
- FORECAST | Welcoming March with warmer temps
- Using 'hygge' to boost your mental health
- 'We don't need a jail in our neighborhood': Cleveland City Council members oppose Slavic Village site for proposed new county jail