CLEVELAND — Editor's note: The video in the player above was sent to 3News by the Cleveland Division of Police.
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating today after a fatal hit-skip on the east side of Cleveland early Saturday morning.
According to officials, the incident happened around 12:25 a.m. on Superior Avenue near East 105th Street when a 44-year-old male was crossing the street heading southbound, traveling on the east side of the street.
That's when, police say an unidentified vehicle sped through the area traveling southbound, hitting the 44-year-old man. The vehicle immediately took off from the scene.
If you have any information as to the vehicle's location or the identification of the driver, please contact the Cleveland Division of Police or Crime Stoppers. Reach out to (216) 321-1234.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- RELATED: Triston McKenzie comes close to giving Cleveland Indians first perfect game since 1981; Tribe wins 11-0
- RELATED: COVID-19 in Ohio: State reports 1,977 new cases in the last 24 hours
- RELATED: Family, friends honor Cleveland firefighter who lost battle with COVID-19
- RELATED: Child rescued from waters after going missing at Portage Lakes State Park
- RELATED: One of two suspects wanted in fatal shooting of 13-year-old boy in Cleveland Heights arrested