CLEVELAND — A juvenile is in stable condition at the hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound to the stomach in Cleveland Heights.
According to a statement from Cleveland Heights Police Chief Christopher Britton, the incident took place at approximately 8:16 p.m. Thursday evening in the 3100 block of East Derbyshire Road.
The teenager with the gunshot wound was transported to UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital and as of Friday was listed in stable condition.
Britton confirmed that a 12-year-old was arrested in connection to the shooting and is being held at the Cuyahoga County Juvenile Detention Center.
At this time, the investigation remains ongoing.
This is a developing story. 3News will provide updates as more information is released.
More Headlines on WKYC.com:
- Oberlin College begins payment of $36.59 million to Gibson's Bakery after Ohio Supreme Court refuses to hear appeal
- 2 deputies killed in line of duty while serving warrant in Marietta neighborhood, Cobb Sheriff says
- Uvalde Police investigating shooting at city's Memorial Park; two juveniles being treated in San Antonio hospitals
- After a lifetime of preparation, Charles takes the throne
- Ohio man sentenced to prison for harassment against TV actress and her daughter
- 'A stalwart': World mourns Britain's Queen Elizabeth II
- NASA announces 2 potential launch dates for Artemis 1
- 4 killed and 3 injured in Memphis shooting spree | A timeline of the rampage
- 9-year-old girl, 34-year-old mom die in Geauga County house fire