CLEVELAND — Runners will fill the streets of Downtown Cleveland this upcoming Saturday and Sunday as they embark on the 44th Union Home Mortgage Cleveland Marathon.
Many runners have awaited the upcoming weekend after the marathon’s original date in May was postponed.
Here is a guide to everything you need to know about the race weekend events!
Union Home Mortgage Cleveland Health and Fitness Expo:
The weekend will kick off with the Union Home Mortgage Cleveland Marathon Health and Fitness Expo, presented by University Hospitals. The expo will occur at the Huntington Convention Center from 12-7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 22, and from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 23. The expo is open to the public and will feature the following:
- 25+ booths featuring health and fitness products and information
- Race Registration
- Packet Pick-up
- Official race merchandise sales
5K and 10K race:
Saturday will be an early day for runners. The 5K and 10K races (runners and walkers) will kick off at 7:30 a.m. The race will begin at Public Square in Downtown Cleveland.
Marathon and half marathon:
The Union Home Mortgage Cleveland Marathon will kick off at 7 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 24. The race will begin on Superior Avenue and conclude on W. 3rd Street.
The University Hospital’s Half Marathon will take place simultaneously with the same starting and finishing spot. The race will begin alongside the full marathon at 7 a.m.
Best spots to watch
- Public Square: Along Superior Avenue (START AND FINISH AREA)
- Malls B & C
- Willard Park: Home of the Free Stamp - E. 9th and Lakeside
- Lake Avenue between W. 115th and Shoreway
- Edgewater Park
- The Harp restaurant
Great Lakes Brewing Co. 26.3 Mile Rock Party:
Only a few steps shy of the finish line, the public can gather at 8 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday to “Rock out in the Rock & Roll Capital of America.” The free event will include a DJ and beer garden that requires identification. The block party is located right off W. Roadway, north of Superior, adjacent to Public Square.
The event will include the following:
- Open to the Public • DJ • Refreshments
- Beer Garden (opens at 8 am). Featuring Drinks from Great Lakes Brewing Co. and Truly (ID Required)
- Redeem your FREE DRINK TICKET for an ice-cold Great Lakes Brewing Company Beer or a refreshing Truly for a “Truly Special Experience