CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a fatal shooting that took place on Monday night near the area of Euclid Avenue and East 30th Street.
According to officials from the Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, (GCRTA), the homicide took place on a Healthline bus.
3News confirmed Tuesday morning that a suspect has been arrested in connection with this case. He has been identified as 28-year-old Delorn Martin of Cleveland. A police report shows Martin has been charged with murder and contempt of court.
The victim has also since been identified as 21-year-old David Kittreles of Cleveland, according to an update from the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office early Tuesday morning.
On Thursday, the GCRTA released a statement that said, in part:
"Violence in our community affects all of us, and we are extremely saddened by the loss of life on Monday evening, aboard our HealthLine.
"A tragic incident like this one is a very rare occurrence on GCRTA service, and we firmly believe that our buses and trains continue to be a safe place for riders to travel throughout Greater Cleveland. Over the past several years, we have invested heavily in security technology and surveillance systems to serve as a crime deterrent and investigative tool when situations arise."
- VIDEO | Man arrested after allegedly exchanging gunfire with North Olmsted police following situation at Starbucks
- North Olmsted Fifth Third Bank robbery suspect captured
- Cleveland Police: 14-year-old girl shot in the head
- Elyria Police issue warrant for man accused of striking police cruiser, fleeing scene
- Children found safe after vehicle taken in East Cleveland
- Body found in Cleveland identified as 19-year-old woman who had been missing since last summer
- 5th grade Twinsburg student hailed as hero for jumping into action and stopping school bus as driver has medical emergency
- Cleveland Police seeking help to identify aggravated arson suspect
- Gun found in student's locker at Cleveland Central Catholic High School
- Officer-involved shooting in East Cleveland: Man taken to hospital
- Family of man shot without warning by Canton police files suit
- 7 taken to hospital after fentanyl found in air ventilation system at juvenile detention center in Northwest Ohio