CLEVELAND — An accidental fire in the Tremont Neighborhood had a heart-warming ending on Monday.
According to the Cleveland Fire Department, Cleveland Police Lieutenant Ed Lentz was first on scene at a house fire Monday on West 8th Street, south of Starkweather.
Lentz reportedly kicked the door in at the residence where the accidental/electrical fire was taking place and rescued a dog. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported.
After Lentz rescued the dog, he arranged to have cars moved off the narrow street, allowing access to the building for the Cleveland Fire Department.
While the fire has been ruled accidental/electrical, the Cleveland Fire Department is urging residents to keep space clear around air conditioner units and dehumidifiers and ensure they are plugged directly into a grounded wall socket, not an extension cord.