CLEVELAND — If you’re looking for a new job, Cleveland is a great place to be.
Glassdoor, a job and recruiting site, crunched the numbers to find the 25 best cities in the United States for jobs this year.
Cleveland came in at #5 overall.
Their results were based on three key factors, which include hiring opportunity, cost of living and job satisfaction.
Here’s the full list of Cleveland rankings:
- Hiring opportunity: Cleveland ranks #22 based on the ratio of current job openings to population.
- Cost of living: Cleveland ranks #3 based on the ratio of median salary to median home value.
- Job satisfaction: Cleveland ranks #22 with a 3.4 job satisfaction rating, based on company reviews shared on Glassdoor by local employees.
- Job openings: Cleveland has 37,073 job openings as of Jan. 22, 2020.
- Hot jobs: Shift manager, mortgage loan officer, human resources business partner.
- Median base salary: $49,719.
- Median home value: $156,590.
What were the other top U.S. cities on the list?
#1: Raleigh, North Carolina
#2: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
#3: Indianapolis, Indiana
#4: Memphis, Tennessee
#5: Cleveland, Ohio
Other Ohio cities also ranked high with Cincinnati at #9 and Columbus at #14. See all 25 of the top cities HERE.
If you are looking for work, Progressive Insurance announced Tuesday they are looking to fill 8,000 jobs nationwide -- including 1,500 right here in the Cleveland area. You can apply for one of those jobs HERE.