CLEVELAND — Authorities are investigating after eight people were hurt in an overnight shooting in Cleveland.
EMS officials first confirmed to 3News that the incident happened late Sunday in the area of Woodbridge Avenue and Fulton Road. Both the Cleveland Division of Police and EMS reported that the following people were taken to MetroHealth with gunshot wounds:
- 24 year-old woman with critical injuries
- 29-year-old woman with serious injuries
- 47-year-old man with serious injuries
- 61-year-old man with serious injuries
- 23-year-old man stable
- 24-year-old man stable
An eighth victim, a 38-year-old man, was shot in the chest and taken to MetroHealth by private auto.
According to the Cleveland Division of Police, the victims were attending a high school graduation party and were outside when a dark-colored sedan drove by and multiple shots were fired. The suspects have not been identified.
Police add that the vehicle may be a Chevrolet Impala with tinted windows.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for updates as we learn more.
- Drake Bell of Nickelodeon's 'Drake and Josh' charged with crimes involving a 15-year-old girl in Cuyahoga County
- 16-year-old boy shot to death in Cleveland
- These are the 20 safest places in Ohio: See where your hometown ranked in the 2021 'Safest Cities' list
- Garfield Heights: Car crashes after brief police pursuit
- Suspect arrested in Summit County following wild police pursuit in RV
- Garfield Heights police officers involved in 2 accidents in Cleveland, Accident Investigation Unit called to the scenes
- Suspect charged in murder of Cleveland Police Detective James Skernivitz pleads not guilty after new indictment issued
- Cleveland Police investigating fatal shooting of man, woman on city's west side
- Ohio Senate passes bill making new penalties for crimes against police
- Tribute held to remember 2-year anniversary of Rocky River Reservation murders