CLEVELAND — Come sail away! The 2022 Cleveland Tall Ships Festival makes its return to Lake Erie from July 7-10.
Officials say the event’s grand fleet will include seven replica and restored ships docked near the north side of FirstEnergy Stadium at North Coast Harbor. These ships – which include vessels from the United States, Canada and Spain – are listed as follows:
- Appledore IV
- Inland Seas
- Pride of Baltimore II
- U.S. Brig Niagara
- Empire Sandy
- St. Lawrence II
- NAO Trinidad
It’s the first time the Tall Ships event returns to Cleveland since 2019. Various ticket options are available HERE.
Here are event highlights for the 2022 Tall Ships Festival:
THURSDAY, JULY 7
Parade of Sail and Captain’s Reception (4 p.m.) – The official kick-off to the 2022 Cleveland Tall Ships Festival. Witness firsthand the majestic Parade of Sail, as the ships make their way to dock at the festival grounds on Thursday, July 7, 2022. You can watch our streaming coverage of the Parade of Sail in the player below:
FRIDAY, JULY 8 - SUNDAY, JULY 10
Festival Village will be open to the public daily at 9 a.m., featuring a lineup of exciting activities, tours, live music performances. Located at 101 Erieside Avenue.
- Sail Aways (daily beginning at 10 a.m.) – Experience 75-minute Lake Erie excursions aboard two spectacular vessels – Appledore IV and Inland Seas. For confirmed ticketholders only.
- On-deck Ship Tours (11 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily; Festival Village) – Board and tour the Tall Ships and enjoy an interactive and educational experience you won’t soon forget. Meet the captains and crew and learn the innerworkings of each vessel.
- “Ask the Captain and Crew” Forum (daily; Dinghy Stage at Festival Village) – Hear from the Tall Ship captains and crew about what it’s like to lead a crew of mates during the Tall Ships Challenge.
- Live Musical Performances (Schedule; Festival Village) – Enjoy Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers, who will be performing daily.
- Tall Ships Activities and Vendors (11 a.m. – 6 p.m. daily; Harborside Marketplace) – Get hands-on with fun maritime-themed crafts, face painting and rope tying. Enjoy local artisans, as well as magicians and pirate characters.
- Happy Hour at the Dock, Sponsored by Captain Morgan (6:30 p.m. Friday; Festival Village) – Enjoy a cocktail on the dock and view the majestic Tall Ships dockside while taking in the sunset along the shores of Lake Erie. (Ships will not be available for boarding during this event).
- Tour the Mather and USS COD – Included with your festival ticket is access to the William G. Mather Steamship and USS Cod Submarine. Tour these historic vessels and learn more about Cleveland’s rich maritime history.
- Fireworks at the Festival (6:30 p.m. Saturday; Festival Village) – Join us on Saturday, July 9 for an evening of fun for the whole family. Enjoy access to the festival grounds, live entertainment, kids’ activities, and a live firework show at 10 p.m. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. (Ships will not be available for boarding during this event)
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in an unrelated story on June 29, 2022.