CLEVELAND — When it comes to the best urban kayaking spots in the United States, the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland is leading the pack of 20 nominees in a new 10Best poll from USA TODAY.
“These 20 urban kayaking spots provide a fun and active way to explore cities from a new perspective,” according to the polling page from USA TODAY.
The Cuyahoga River, which the poll says provides "a popular spot for all sorts of water recreation," is currently holding the top spot in the vote as of 12 p.m. on Jan. 18.
You can vote in the poll once per day by clicking HERE. Voting closes at noon on Monday, Feb. 6. Results will be revealed on Friday, Feb. 17.
So what are the 20 nominees for best urban kayaking? Check out the full list below:
- Bartram’s Garden: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Boston Harbor Islands: Boston, Massachusetts
- Chicago River: Chicago, Illinois
- Clark Fork River: Missoula, Montana
- Cuyahoga River: Cleveland, Ohio
- Hudson River: New York, New York
- James River: Richmond, Virginia
- Lady Bird Lake: Austin, Texas
- Milwaukee Urban Water Trail: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Mississippi River: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Oklahoma River: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Potomac River: Washington, DC
- Roanoke River: Roanoke, Virginia
- Sacramento River: Redding, California
- St. Augustine Harbor: St. Augustine, Florida
- St. Johns River: Jacksonville, Florida
- St. Joseph River: South Bend, Indiana
- Tennessee River (Chattanooga): Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Tennessee River (Knoxville): Knoxville, Tennessee
- Willamette River: Portland, Oregon
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in a previous story on June 21, 2019.