CLEVELAND — When it comes to the best spots for urban kayaking, the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland has taken the top spot.
“The Cuyahoga River runs through the heart of Cleveland, providing a popular spot for all sorts of water recreation,” according to recent results from the USA TODAY 10Best poll. “The Cuyahoga River Water Trail features five segments along the 85-mile river. The last segment comprises 20 miles of the river as it passes through Cleveland and into Lake Erie.”
See which locations made the top 10 list:
- #1: Cuyahoga River – Cleveland, Ohio
- #2: Sacramento River – Redding, California
- #3: Roanoke River – Roanoke, Virginia
- #4: Milwaukee Urban Water Trail – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- #5: Chicago River – Chicago, Illinois
- #6: Oklahoma River – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- #7: Mississippi River – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- #8: Lady Bird Lake – Austin, Texas
- #9: James River – Richmond, Virginia
- #10: Willamette River – Portland, Oregon
Editor's note: Video in the player at the top of this story was originally published in a previous article on Feb. 14, 2023.
“To find the top spots for city paddling, we asked a panel of experts for their nominations, then readers voted for their favorites,” USA TODAY explains.
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in a previous story on June 21, 2019.