CLEVELAND — When it comes to the best spots for urban kayaking, the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland has taken the top spot.
“The Cuyahoga River runs through the heart of Cleveland, providing a popular spot for all sorts of water recreation,” according to recent results from the USA TODAY 10Best poll. “The Cuyahoga River Water Trail features five segments along the 85-mile river. The last segment comprises 20 miles of the river as it passes through Cleveland and into Lake Erie.”
See which locations made the top 10 list:
- #1: Cuyahoga River – Cleveland, Ohio
- #2: Sacramento River – Redding, California
- #3: Roanoke River – Roanoke, Virginia
- #4: Milwaukee Urban Water Trail – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- #5: Chicago River – Chicago, Illinois
- #6: Oklahoma River – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- #7: Mississippi River – Minneapolis, Minnesota
- #8: Lady Bird Lake – Austin, Texas
- #9: James River – Richmond, Virginia
- #10: Willamette River – Portland, Oregon
Editor's note: Video in the player at the top of this story was originally published in a previous article on Feb. 14, 2023.
“To find the top spots for city paddling, we asked a panel of experts for their nominations, then readers voted for their favorites,” USA TODAY explains.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top local and national headlines sent to your email inbox each weekday morning with 3News to GO! newsletter
Want to be among the first to know the most important local and national news? You can download the free WKYC app and get the latest updates right on your phone: Android, Apple.
Editor's note: Video in the player above was originally published in a previous story on June 21, 2019.