CLEVELAND — Each Christmas season, the city of Cleveland spreads holiday cheer across Northeast Ohio.
Our friends at Destination Cleveland have helped you get into the spirit of the holidays with their “18 Ways to Welcome the Winter Holiday Season in Cleveland." Check out the list with detailed links below:
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 27, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Location: Cleveland Public Square
- Website: https://www.winterfestcle.com/
2. Wild Winter Lights at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
- Dates: Tuesdays-Sundays, Nov. 16 - Jan. 2 (closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day)
- Drive-through dates: Nov. 16-17, 23, 30, Dec. 1, 7-8, 13-15, Jan. 2
- Location: Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, 3900 Wildlife Way, Cleveland
- Website for tickets: https://www.clevelandmetroparks.com/zoo/programs-events/2021/special-events/wild-winter-lights-presented-by-nopec
3. Scuba Claus at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium
- Dates: Dec. 18-19, 8:30 - 10 a.m.; Dec. 20-22, 4:30 - 7 p.m.
- Location: Greater Cleveland Aquarium, 2000 Sycamore St., Cleveland
- Website for tickets: https://www.greaterclevelandaquarium.com/event/scuba-claus/
4. Breakfast with Mr. Kringle
- Dates: Dec. 4, 5, 11, 12, 19 at 8:30, 9:00, 10:30 and 11:00 a.m.
- Location: The Burnham Restaurant at Hilton Cleveland Downtown, 100 Lakeside Ave. E, Cleveland
- Website for tickets: https://mrkringle.com/breakfast-with-santa/
5. Light up Lakewood
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 4, 4-8 p.m.
- Location: Detroit Ave. in Downtown Lakewood
- Website for tickets: https://www.lakewoodalive.org/event/light-up-lakewood-2021/
6. Cleveland Pops
- Date: Sunday, Nov. 28, 2p.m.
- Location: Connor Palace, 1615 Euclid Ave, Cleveland
- Website for tickets: https://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/cleveland-pops-orchestra
7. Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad’s North Pole Adventure
- Dates: November 5 through December 19, 2021.
- Location: Rockside Station, 7900 Old Rockside Rd., Independence or Akron Northside Station, 27 Ridge St., Akron
- Website for tickets: https://www.cvsr.org/npa-info/
8. Menorah Parade
- Date: Sunday, Nov. 28, 3 p.m.
- Route: https://form.jotform.com/212918288744164
9. Downtown Menorah Lighting
- Date: Wednesday, Dec. 1, 5:30 p.m.
- Location: Public Square in Downtown Cleveland
- Website: https://www.downtownchabad.com/
10. Chanukah Hoopla
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 5, 1:30 p.m.
- Location: The Maltz Museum of Jewish Heritage
- Registration: https://www.maltzmuseum.org/events/family-fun-chanukkah-lights-letters-tradition/
11. Hanukkah Woodworking Craft
- Date: Saturday, Nov. 20, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Location: Cove Park, 1294 Cove Ave, Lakewood
- Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hanukkah-woodworking-craft-lakewood-tickets-193580734187
12. Great Lakes Theater Company: “A Christmas Carol”
- Dates: Nov. 26 - Dec. 23
- Location: Playhouse Square
- Tickets: https://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/a-christmas-carol-4
13. Light it Up!
- Dates: Nov. 27 - Dec. 22
- Location: Allen Theatre
- Tickets: https://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/light-it-up
14. The Nutcracker
- Dates: Dec. 3-5
- Location: Connor Palace
- Tickets: https://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/the-nutcracker
15. Elf the Musical
- Dates: Dec. 3 - Jan. 2
- Location: Beck Center of Arts
- Tickets: https://www.beckcenter.org/shows/elf
16. The Black Nativity
- Dates: Dec. 2-24
- Location: Karamu House
- Tickets: https://www.karamuhouse.org/events/langston-hughes-black-nativity
17. Cleveland Orchestra Holiday Concerts
- Dates: Dec. 9-19
- Location: Mandel Concert Hall at Severance
- Tickets: https://www.clevelandorchestra.com/attend/concerts-and-events/2021/other-concerts/holiday-concerts-2021/
18. Christmas Brunch
- Dates: Multiple dates
- Location: Music Box Supper Club
- Tickets: https://musicboxcle.com/brunch/
For those interested in visiting the Cleveland Visitors Center, please note that they will operate under the following special hours during the week of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Week of Thanksgiving:
- Wednesday, Nov. 24, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26, closed
- Saturday, Nov. 27, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Week of Christmas:
- Tuesday, Dec. 21 - Thursday, Dec. 23, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 24 - Monday, Jan. 3, Cleveland Visitors Center closed; visitor services available virtually via phone, live chat and email.