CLEVELAND — Rescue crews pulled a body from Lake Erie at Edgewater Park Friday evening, 3News has learned.
WKYC reporters were on scene and were able to visually confirm the event. The Cleveland Division of Police and the United States Coast Guard were called to the scene around 5 p.m. for reports of two people missing in the water.
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top headlines sent to your email inbox each weekday morning with the 3News to GO! newsletter
3News reached out to the Cleveland Division of Police for more information or comment but did not receive either. The Coast Guard did confirm the other person was pulled from the water alive, but there is no update on their condition.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
Want to be the first to know about the most important local and national news? Download the WKYC app today; (Android, Apple).
MORE HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO:
- RELATED: NBC's Dateline to explore mysterious murder of Bay Village 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic
- RELATED: Cuyahoga County corrections officers identified as victim in Thursday afternoon murder-suicide in Cleveland
- RELATED: Cleveland Sneakerball to bring style, culture to Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse for a good cause
- RELATED: 'A prompt about a fictional writing is not child pornography': Hudson police, Summit County prosecutor investigating writing prompt book controversy
- RELATED: Parent files lawsuit against Cloverleaf Local Schools, claims children's civil rights are violated by mask mandate
- RELATED: Cleveland Police arrest 9 teens after large fight at John F. Kennedy High School
- RELATED: Gov. DeWine: More than 50% of Ohio's K-12 students being required to wear masks in school
Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a previously published, unrelated story.