EUCLID, Ohio — Editor's note: The video in the player above is from an unrelated story published on June 18, 2021.
The Euclid Police Department is soluting K-9 officer Rocky, who sadly died on Monday, July 26.
"It is with deep sadness that we report EPD K-9 Rocky passed away peacefully and unexpectedly yesterday," the Euclid Police Department posted on Facebook. "K-9 Rocky served the Euclid Police Department and during this last year the U.S. Marshals Task Force."
In just hours, the post has received hundreds of comments and shares, and has been reacted to more than 1,300 times.
"RIP sweet pup! Thank you for your service," said Facebook user Betsy Wandersleben.
"He like all K9 animals perform a dangerous and necessary duty," said David Widrich in the comments section of the post. "It’s that courage and commitment that makes Rocky and other dogs special."
You can leave condolences and messages of support on the Facebook post below.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- RELATED: 3News' Russ Mitchell sits down with Ohio 11th Congressional District candidates Shontel Brown, Nina Turner
- RELATED: Federal prosecutors rest case in Cleveland Councilman Ken Johnson's corruption trial
- RELATED: Lake County Fair kicks off with parade down Mentor Avenue
- RELATED: Cleveland boxer Delante 'Tiger' Johnson wins again in Tokyo Olympics, advances to quarterfinal
- RELATED: How news of the Cleveland Indians' name change put the spotlight on a local roller derby team
- RELATED: Soaring through the sky: Take a ride on the new zip line experience at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo