CLEVELAND — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
Dietz & Watson donated more than 5,000 pounds of premium meats and cheeses to the Greater Cleveland Food Bank on Tuesday morning.
RELATED: More local news from WKYC
The donation comes as a part of "Families Helping Families" charitable program, in which Dietz & Watson makes a donation for every purchase of their products at area supermarkets. Now in its fourth year of existence, this year's program ran from early November through mid-December.
Dietz & Watson delivered its nearly three-ton donation at 11 a.m. on Tuesday in conjunction with its retail partner, Giant Eagle. Following this year's donation, the Philadelphia-based manufacturer of premium meats and cheeses will have donated nearly half a million dollars in cash and product to local charities and food banks near retail partners nationwide.
More local news from WKYC:
- Maps: Cleveland Marathon reveals 2022 race courses
- Celebrating International Women's Day in Cleveland
- FORECAST | Staying cold as winter holds on
- Cleveland bar selling 'Cold Beer Here' beer in honor of popular Progressive Field vendor
- 'Russia is not Putin and Putin is not Russia': Russian-American woman in Cleveland reflects on war, offers words of support to Ukraine
- Top-seeded Cleveland State falls to Wright State in Horizon League men's basketball semifinal
- Duran Duran maintains lead over Eminem in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame fan vote for 2022 induction
- New Cleveland Police Academy graduates take oath
- Cleveland Cavaliers GM Mike Gansey joins 3Sports' Nick Camino on Sports Tonight
- D-III college basketball: Case Western Reserve advances to men's Sweet 16, Baldwin Wallace does same in women's bracket
- 'It should outrage you': Cleveland Catholics pray for peace in Ukraine
- Evan Mobley, Lauri Markkanen power Cleveland Cavaliers past Toronto Raptors 104-96; Jarrett Allen leaves with injury
- Cleveland police safely locate missing woman
- Diocese of Cleveland holds prayer service for peace in Ukraine