CLEVELAND — Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published on July 5, 2021.
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating an incident at Jefferson Park in Cleveland in which three people were shot.
According to police, the shooting happened around 9:30 p.m. on Monday in the 13200 block of Lorain Avenue when officers were called to the scene for reports of a shooting.
Upon arrival, police located three men who had been wounded by gunshots near the basketball courts in the public park.
Officials confirmed to 3News that EMS transported an 18-year-old with a gunshot wound to the leg, a 21-year-old with a gunshot wound to the buttocks and a 28-year-old with multiple gunshot wounds. The 28-year-old man later died. The other two were treated and released from the hospital.
"Preliminary information indicates that two unknown males arrived at the park in a vehicle and approached the victims on foot and began shooting into a group of people," police said Tuesday. "The suspects then fled the area in a vehicle. No suspects have been identified."
Police told 3News' Marisa Saenz that they are asking currently asking neighbors for any video footage from home security cameras that may be available.
No other information is available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- RELATED: Cleveland man wanted for possessing a firearm as a felon: Fugitive of the Week
- RELATED: Man dies in Akron: Victim found in crashed vehicle with gunshot wound
- RELATED: Man killed in Garfield Heights shooting, nephew arrested
- RELATED: Akron Public Schools to require masks for all staff and students
- RELATED: Here's where you can follow the Northeast Ohio Olympic athletes on social media