CLEVELAND — A man has been rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after being pulled from the waters of Lake Erie Tuesday night.
The Cleveland Division of Fire says crews were called to Edgewater Beach just after 9:30 p.m. for reports of a victim drowning. Witnesses say the victim was fishing by the pier when he fell into the water and remained under for about five minutes.
Another nearby fisherman apparently spotted the man and latched a hook onto him before pulling him back up. Civilians on the beach then gave him CPR before fire and EMS crews arrived.
The victim was taken by ambulance to MetroHealth Medical Center, where he is currently in critical condition. His identity has not been released at this time.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- Carvana cuts 2,500 jobs, will begin 'transitioning' away from reconditioning center in Euclid
- As allergy cases ramp up, how do you tell the difference between allergies and COVID?
- Energy bills rising across Northeast Ohio ahead of summer heat: How you can save money
- Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb introduces legislation seeking to change city's tax abatement program
- Judge in Cleveland will decide how much pharmacies owe Lake, Trumbull counties over opioid crisis