CLEVELAND — Editor's note: the video in the player above is from a previous story.
A 35-year-old man was found dead inside his downtown Cleveland apartment on Monday afternoon.
RELATED: More Cleveland news from WKYC
According to Cleveland Police, officers responded to the luxury apartment complex known as The Standard at 12 p.m. on Monday. EMS responded to the scene at 99 W. St. Clair and pronounced the victim deceased inside of his apartment unit.
The victim's girlfriend said she had last spoken with the victim on Friday, June 18 and came to the apartment unit with management to conduct a wellness check and found the male deceased. No signs of force were observed and members of the Homicide Unit observed possible head injuries.
An official cause of death has yet to be determined and the investigation currently remains ongoing.
More Cleveland coverage from WKYC:
- Cuyahoga County prosecutor drops appeal of man wrongly imprisoned for years
- Cleveland man gets 30 years to life in prison for killing grandma, stabbing siblings and cousin
- City of Cleveland issues reminder not to set off fireworks or celebratory gunfire for Fourth of July holiday
- Cleveland Metroparks celebrates opening of Brighton Park
- Cleveland Indians beat Chicago Cubs 4-0, lose Aaron Civale to finger injury
- Avery Dennison expanding Painesville manufacturing facility, hiring for at least 25 new full time positions
- Severe weather causes downed trees, power outages throughout Northeast Ohio
- FirstEnergy reports more than 11,000 customers in Northeast Ohio are currently without power.