CLEVELAND — On Wednesday, a Cuyahoga County judge sentenced Clifford Gillespie to 15 to 16 ½ years in prison.
Prosecutors say that Gillespie went on a violent crime spree back in April of 2019 that included carjacking an 83-year-old woman in a church parking lot, threatening to kill a woman outside of a Cleveland laundromat, running from police, and pointing gun at officers that resulted in police shooting him.
Earlier, Gillespie had pleaded guilty to the following charges:
- One count of Aggravated Robbery
- Five counts of Felonious Assault
- Two counts of Having Weapons Under Disability
- Two counts of Aggravated Menacing
- One count of Public Indecency
“This one-man wrecking crew endangered the lives of numerous victims during his violent crime spree,” said Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Michael C. O’Malley “We are all much safer without this criminal running rampant through our streets.”