CLEVELAND — Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published on August 21, 2021.
The Cleveland Division of Police has confirmed that six people were shot during an incident that occurred at a liquor store on East 28th Street and Cedar Avenue on Tuesday.
The shooting happened at the 28th Street Supermarket and Liquor Store, located near the St. Vincent Charity Medical Center.
Cleveland EMS told 3News they transported a 41-year-old male, a 22-year-old female, and a 64-year-old male to the hospital, all in serious condition. Officials also say that a 23-year-old male was taken to University Hospitals in critical condition.
Two other 54-year-old females were taken to UH in stable condition.
Police believe that the suspect vehicle is a dark-colored SUV.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News as details become available.
MORE HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO:
- RELATED: LIVE BLOG | Justin Bibb moves into early lead ahead of Kevin Kelley and Dennis Kucinich in Cleveland mayoral primary
- RELATED: Cleveland Heights electing first mayor in 100-year history
- RELATED: Water main break collapses part of Euclid Avenue in East Cleveland
- RELATED: 'The data is now clear': Gov. Mike DeWine lays out case for schools to require masks
- RELATED: Funeral service for Navy Corpsman Maxton Soviak, breaking down the Cleveland Browns loss to Kansas City: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a previously published, related story.