CLEVELAND — A playground funded by a national fashion retailer was unveiled Thursday afternoon in Cleveland.
DTLR partnered with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Ohio (BGCNEO) to host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for a brand new playground at the BGCNEO Broadway Avenue location. DTLR donated $100,000 to fund the space, which was designed with input from children who attend the club.
The playground includes a rope challenge, rubber mulch padding, benches and an expanded play area. This comes just as kids prepare to go back to school.
There are 12 Boys & Girls Clubs across the Cleveland area, with two more set to open this year. Representatives from both organizations were on hard for the ribbon cutting.
You can watch a time lapse of the playground's construction in the player below:
- MetroHealth announces $1 million donation to Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- Cleveland City Council passes 'Pay to Stay' legislation to protect renters from evictions
- Cuyahoga, Lorain counties remain in CDC's high community level for COVID-19
- County fairs in Northeast Ohio for 2022: When is the fair coming to your area?
- City Dogs Cleveland kennel currently over capacity; lowers adoption fees
- Several Northeast Ohio metro areas named best places to be a teacher in US
- Cleveland Animal Protective League reduces adoption fees for this weekend during 3News' Clear the Shelters campaign