CLEVELAND — Renewing your vehicle registration in the Cleveland area has been made faster and easier, thanks to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV).
On Thursday, the BMV held a kickoff event for its new self-serve kiosk location at Discount Drug Mart on Fulton Road in Cleveland.
Utilizing the kiosks means you won’t need to take a number and wait in line. The average transaction takes less than two minutes. After a successful transaction, a new vehicle registration card and license plate sticker prints immediately.
“Since 2021, more than 3.9 million visits to the BMV have been avoided because of innovative online solutions,” said BMV Registrar Charlie Norman, who took part in the Discount Drug Mart kiosk unveiling on Thursday. “We are dedicated to improving and enhancing the overall customer experience for Ohioans.”
There are several other BMV self-serve kiosks in Northeast Ohio:
- Avon: Meijer located at 1810 Nagel Road
- Cleveland: E-Check Emissions Station on 4557 Industrial Parkway
- Elyria: E-Check Emissions Station on 128 Reaser Ct.
- Lorain: Meijer located at 5350 N. Leavitt Rd.
- Medina: E-Check Emissions Station on 770 N. Progress Dr.
- Mentor: Meijer located at 9200 Mentor Ave.
- North Royalton: E-Check Emissions Station on 13000 York Delta Dr.
- Stow: Meijer located at 4303 Kent Rd.
- Warrensville Heights: E-Check Emissions Station on 19000 South Miles Rd.
- Westlake: E-Check Emissions Station on 24770 Sperry Dr.
“We strive every day to streamline our services to better meet customers’ diverse needs,” Norman added. “The expansion of BMV Express Kiosks is another important step we’re taking to give Ohioans more options.”