CLEVELAND — Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published on Jul. 7, 2021.
The Cleveland Division of Police is investigating a shooting that took place late Monday afternoon in downtown Cleveland.
According to police, a 33-year-old was discovered in the 1100 block of Carnegie Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds to the body. Upon arrival at the scene, EMS pronounced the victim as deceased.
Police tell 3News that a preliminary investigation revealed that the victim is a restaurant owner in downtown Cleveland. Officials believe that a female suspect walked into the establishment and began an argument with the 33-year-old owner. Witnesses then report hearing gunshots and saw the victim running out of the restaurant followed by the unidentified suspect.
A person of interest has not been identified at this time.
3News crews were on scene Monday afternoon and were able to visually confirm at least one person's body covered by a white sheet.
The matter remains under investigation by detectives with the Cleveland Division of Police at this time. No other information is currently available, however.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- RELATED: Cuyahoga County reaches 'substantial' COVID-19 spread; CDC recommends vaccinated people wear masks indoors
- RELATED: Zanesville singer known as Nightbirde ends ‘America’s Got Talent’ journey as health takes ‘turn for the worse’
- RELATED: Ohio school districts, teachers cope with uncertainty as mask guidelines continue to change
- RELATED: Former Chagrin Falls clerk sentenced to probation after pleading no contest to embezzling $238,000
- RELATED: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame hosting Janis Joplin weekend, offering new artifacts for fans to view
Editor's note: The video in the player above is from a story published on Jan. 4, 2021.