CLEVELAND — The Cleveland Division of Police has located the vehicle and driver involved in a fatal accident on the city's east side.
According to reports, a 49-year-old man was riding his Kawasaki motorcycle westbound on Woodland Avenue at approximately 1:00 p.m. A dark blue or black SUV was headed eastbound on Woodland.
Police say for reasons unknown, the man operating the motorcycle lost control and was ejected, possibly into the driver's side of the SUV. The SUV may have stopped briefly, but it left the scene of the crash going eastbound on Woodland Avenue. It went through the Hanini Gas Station parking lot at 5307 Woodland Ave., before turning northbound onto East 55th Street.
The motorcyclist killed in the crash has not yet been identified.
This is a developing story. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District presents honorary diploma in remembrance of Tamir Rice
- Man charged with murder in fatal shooting of Columbus city employee held on $1 million bond; 2nd suspect at large
- Cleveland police officer accused of participating in fraudulent credit card scheme
- 39-year-old shot, killed while allegedly attempting to break into Cleveland home
- Lake County crews searching for 15-year-old boy who went missing in waters off Headlands Beach State Park
- Lake County Sheriff announces name of suspect arrested in Dine and Dance shooting
- 3News Exclusive: Jennifer Sherman meets with Ohio BCI as state takes over Aliza Sherman murder investigation