CLEVELAND — Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial start to summer. Are you ready for some fun? Start planning, because with nearly 25,000 acres to explore in the Cleveland Metroparks, your whole family can enjoy a number of outdoor activities.
Check out our list below for the perfect summer day:
eLCee2 Water Taxi
Enjoy a summer evening in the Flats by exploring both banks. The Cleveland Metroparks eLCee2 Water Taxi service is now open with free boat rides to and from the East and West Bank of the Flats. The water taxi is ADA accessible and dog friendly.
- Fridays 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturdays 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sundays 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Water Rentals and Boating
There are a variety of places your family can swim, boat and relax. Hinckley Lake Boathouse & Store: Stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, row boats, canoes, paddleboats and pontoon boats are available to rent. Guests are recommended to reserve their rental online in advance at clevelandmetroparks.com/waterrentals. New this season are public boat docks along the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland. There are 18 slips located in Rivergate Park and Heritage Park.
Seasonal Dining, Concessions, Marinas and Edgewater Nature Shop Open
Concessions and restaurants are available in the Metroparks this summer -- including Edgewater Nature Shop, which opened Friday, May 26. The Nature Shop is the perfect place to grab convenient beach supplies, beverages & snacks. See below for details from the Cleveland Metroparks.
- Merwin’s Wharf: open Tuesday – Friday, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- e55 on the lake: open Tuesday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Edgewater Beach House: open daily, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Upstairs bar open weekdays, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday, noon – 8 p.m.
- The Noshery: open daily, 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Emerald Necklace Marina Cafe: open daily, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wallace Lake: open daily beginning May 27, 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Euclid Beach Concessions: open Saturday & Sunday beginning May 27, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Edgewater Pier: open Saturday & Sunday beginning May 27, 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Buzzard’s Landing: open Friday – Sunday beginning May 27, 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- E.55th Marina: open daily, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Emerald Necklace Marina: open daily, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Wildwood Marina: open Wednesday – Sunday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For all information on dining in Cleveland Metroparks, click HERE.
There are several different beaches and spots for people to swim this summer in the Cleveland Metroparks. But, please remember that it's safety first. Check out the lifeguarded spots below.
Lifeguarded Swimming hours and dates:
- Edgewater Beach, Huntington Beach, Villa Angela Beach, Wallace Lake and Hinckley Lake Spillway: Guarded daily, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., June 3 through August 13
- Ledge Pool: Guarded June 3 through August 13, Monday – Friday, Noon – 6 p.m., Saturday & Sunday, 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more information on swim spots, click HERE.
MORE STORIES FROM 3NEWS: