CLEVELAND — Heads up!
If you were planning to visit Tower City Center in downtown Cleveland today, you will need to rethink your plans! Officials tell 3News that a power outage has closed all stores and restaurants for the time being.
Bedrock, the company that owns Tower City, released the following statement to 3News Saturday afternoon in regards to the closure:
"Tower City Center is closed today, Saturday, January 8th, due to an energy provider equipment failure, causing a temporary loss of power. As we work with the energy provider to make necessary repairs, the property, including all tenants, will remain closed.
GCRTA riders will have continued access to red, green and blue train lines and are encouraged to visit RideRTA.com for updated transit information."
SUBSCRIBE: Get the day's top local and national headlines sent to your email inbox each weekday morning with the 3News to GO! newsletter
No other information is currently available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates as we receive them.
Want to be among the first to know the most important local and national news? Download the free WKYC app today: Android, Apple.
MORE MAJOR HEADLINES FROM AROUND NORTHEAST OHIO:
- RELATED: Where snow is causing traffic issues, groundbreaking actor Sidney Poitier dies, Betty White’s last words, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: Ohio politicians react to the 1 year anniversary of January 6 riot in DC, what does “flurona” mean, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: What’s on the body camera video from fatal weekend shooting by Canton police, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: Why Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield won’t play against Cincinnati, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney
- RELATED: Bond set for woman charged with murder of Cleveland officer Shane Bartek, details on SWAT situation, and more: 3News Now with Stephanie Haney