CLEVELAND — Editor's note: Video at the top of this story was originally published from the 2020 Cleveland Wizard World event on March 6, 2020.
Wizard World will have to wait a while longer before taking over Cleveland due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns and restrictions. Officials have announced that plans to host the 2021 event Feb. 26-28 have been postponed.
“The safety of our vendors, guests and attendees continues to be a priority,” Wizard World officials said in a press release. “Fans who purchased general admission and/or VIP tickets for the original dates may use those for the rescheduled dates when they are announced. Artists, exhibitors and others associated with the event can expect communication from Wizard Brands soon regarding the new dates.”
Editor's note: Video above was originally published on March 5, 2020.
Last year’s Wizard World event took place at the Huntington Convention Center in downtown Cleveland just a few days before Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced a statewide ban on mass gatherings amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Cleveland isn’t alone in this decision. Wizard World has announced updated schedules for other events across the country:
- Wizard World Chicago, August 27-29, 2021 (Donald E. Stephens Convention Center)
- Wizard World Philadelphia, November 12-14, 2021 (Greater Philadelphia Expo Center)
- Wizard World New Orleans, January 7-9, 2022 (Ernest N. Morial Convention Center)
- Wizard World Portland, January 28-30, 2022 (location TBD)
- Wizard World St. Louis, May 6-8, 2022 (location TBD)
- Wizard World Cleveland (Date and location TBD)
Wizard World gives fans the opportunity to meet some of their favorite personalities from TV shows and film franchises in addition to Q&A sessions, cosplay and plenty of merchandise.