WKYC is proud to be a partner in this weekend's Tall Ships Festival as we celebrate the history of sailing on our Great Lake.
Beyond Lake Erie, Northeast Ohio is full of many beautiful lakes and rivers, and we want to help you see more of Planet CLE! So we’re giving away two kayaks and paddles to one lucky person who stops by our booth.
To enter, all you have to do is download our FREE news app. One you’ve done that, open the app up and one of our team members can show you where to find the entry form!
One lucky winner will receive two Field & Stream Blade Kayaks and paddles. The winner will be responsible for getting their own PFDs and boat licenses. You can learn more about the promotion via the official rules below.
Beyond the chance to win the kayaks, we have even more reasons for you to stop by our booth.
You can meet some of your favorite Channel 3 News personalities! Hollie, Betsy, Maureen, Lynna, Matt, Amani, Will, Tiffany, Jasmine, Austin, and the two Danielles (Wiggins and Serino) are some of our team members who are scheduled to be there.
We’re also partnering with The Foundry, Edgewater Yacht Club, Sailing Inc. and Sailors for the Sea to help you learn more about sailing. We’ll have a sailboat and definition sheets handy to help you learn the difference between port and starboard, bow from stern and other parts of a sailboat as well as how to tie the main nautical knots.
We’ll also have gutter boat races, giveaways and popcorn from Campbell’s Sweets Factory! So come on out and stop by and say "Hi!" We'd love to meet you and give you a chance to win the kayaks.
2019 App Kayak Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “2019 App Relaunch Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is Open to legal U.S. residents of the City of Cleveland, Ohio and the following counties: Ashland, OH; Ashtabula, OH; Carroll, OH; Cuyahoga, OH; Erie, OH; Geauga, OH; Holmes, OH; Huron, OH; Lake, OH; Lorain, OH; Medina, OH; Medina, OH; Portage, OH; Richland, OH; Stark, OH; Summit, OH; Tuscarawas, OH; and Wayne, OH who are 21 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WKYC (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Media Inc., Cleveland Tall Ships Festival, American Sail Training Association and each of their respective affiliated companies, event partners, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win. Individuals who have won a prize from Sponsor in the thirty (30)-calendar day period immediately preceding the start date of this Sweepstakes are ineligible to enter or win a prize in this Sweepstakes.
- How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 11:01 a.m. (E.T.) on Friday July 12, 2019 and end at 6:00 p.m. (E.T.) on Sunday July 14, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Online Entry. Enter by downloading the free WKYC News app from iTunes or Google Play to your Apple or Android smartphone. Click the App Kayak sweepstakes link and complete all of the required information and follow all posted instructions. Your computer must accept cookies, or any successor or similar technology, which may be used for the purpose of entry tracking. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. Complete the entry form and any other required fields and then submit your entry by clicking on the “SEND” button. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Contest website or in any email received from Sponsor. Upon checking in at Sponsor’s booth or tent, Contestant must provide proof of identification, such as a driver’s license, learner’s permit or birth certificate.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Facebook ID. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions on the Sponsor’s website or in any email received from Sponsor.
All entries must be received by Sunday July 14, 2019.
- Winner Selection. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about Monday July 15, 2019.
- Prizes and Odds. The winner will receive two (2) Field & Stream Blade kayaks (ARV: $299 each) and two (2) Field & Stream Chute Aluminum Kayak Paddles (ARV: $49.99 each). Total Prize ARV: $699.96 Winner is responsible for buying their own PFDs or lifejackets and Ohio boat license.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be notified on or about Monday July 15, 2019 at the phone number and email address provided on winner’s entry form. Return of email prize notification as undeliverable or failure of winner to respond to either phone or email notification within 24 hours may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, Winner personally visit sponsor’s offices at 1333 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114 any weekday, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.). Winner must complete a W-9 form and affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the W-9, affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Valid photo identification will be required by Sponsor in each case. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to Persons travelling with the winners may be required to complete a travel release. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for operation of Cleveland Tall Ships Festival including cancellations, postponements, or schedule changes.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsor. The “2019 App Kayak Sweepstakes” is sponsored by WKYC-TV. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available August 31, 2019) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), 2019 App Kayak Sweepstakes to 1333 Lakeside Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Mac Mahaffee at 216-344-3364, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.