INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — Two people are dead and five others suffered injuries following a crash on Interstate 480 late Friday night.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol says a Chevrolet Cruz was headed east near the I-77 interchange when it was hit from behild by a Ford escape around 11:45 p.m. The Chevy went off the left side of the road and struck a guardrail before stopping in the median, while the Ford went off the right side and up an embankment before slamming into a guardrail post and concrete bridge wall.
The driver of the Chevy suffered only minor injures and we treated at the scene, but both the adult driver of the Ford as well as a juvenile passenger were killed. In addition, four other passengers in the Ford--two adults and two juveniles--were taken to local hospitals with serious injuries.
Officials have not released the names of those involved at this time. The incident is currently under investigation.
- Legendary Cleveland rocker and radio personality Michael Stanley dies at 72
- What's in the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill the Senate passed?
- Fans share favorite memories of Michael Stanley following iconic Cleveland rocker's death
- 144 US cities could lose status as metro areas
- Cleveland State forward Al Eichelberger re-lives improbable 3-pointer that helped Vikings advance in Horizon League Tournament, talks March Madness
- Which Senators voted for, against $15 minimum wage amendment?
- Alleged hazing incident under investigation at BGSU