EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Amber Alert issued by the East Cleveland Police Department for 5-year-old Jaion Harris has been canceled as of early Sunday morning.
Police say the alert has now been downgraded to an Endangered Missing Child Alert.
According to reports, Jaion was taken from his custodial home in the 13400 block of Graham Road on Friday night around 10:00 p.m. He was last reported wearing a black and white dalmatian outfit. Jaion is described as a Black male standing 2 feet, 6 inches tall and weighing 30 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.
Police believe that Jaion was abducted by his mother, Jasmine Harris, who is said to be both bipolar and schizophrenic. The vehicle involved is a white 2007 Chevrolet Malibu with a license plate number K399234. Jasmine Harris is 26-years-old. She has black hair, brown eyes, stands 5'7" and weighs 185 pounds.
The Amber Alert for Jaion Harris was issued at approximately 11:30 p.m. on Saturday night. One hour later, police reported that the brother of Jaion's custodial parent had made contact with Jasmine Harris and that she and her son were both in Akron.
- Person dies after car crashes into tree while trying to flee East Cleveland police
- Hillary Clinton urges Northeast Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan to run for US Senate
- Report: Cleveland businessman Bernie Moreno will 'likely' run for US Senate
- Local pastor urges people of color to get their COVID-19 shots
- COVID-19 in Ohio: State reports 4,191 new cases in last 24 hours