CLEVELAND — A man was taken into custody on Wednesday morning in connection with a Cleveland homicide that happened at the end of August.
Northern Ohio Violent Fugitive Task Force members arrested 32-year-old Jerome Rivers at the hotel in the 6000 block of Enterprise Parkway in Solon. Officials say they recovered a firearm from the hotel room.
"Cleveland homicide Detectives work tirelessly on the open homicide cases in the city," U.S. Marshal Pete Elliott said in a statement. "Our task force will be there to find and arrest these suspects, whether they are one city away or 20 states away. We will help bring these violent fugitives to justice."
Earlier this week, a warrant was issued for Rivers in connection to the killing of 32-year-old Theo Vance Echols. Cleveland officers found Echols with multiple gunshot wounds in the city's South Broadway neighborhood back on Aug. 27.
The shooting happened moments after a verbal altercation had taken place, witnesses said.
- Two roads closed in Shaker Heights due to police activity: See what roads are closed
- 22-year-old Stark County man dies after alleged stabbing in Louisville
- Mega Millions lottery drawing for September 13, 2022: See all the winning prizes sold in Ohio
- Student charged after making threat against Kent Roosevelt High School
- Parma police officer suffers fatal medical emergency while on his way to work
- Person in custody following SWAT situation in Canton
- Body camera video released after fight at Euclid High School leads to multiple arrests, seizure of loaded guns