CLEVELAND -- Fallen Cleveland police officer Vu Nguyen was laid to rest Thursday as the community gathered for his funeral service.
Watch coverage from his funeral:
50-year-old Nguyen, a 20-year veteran of the force, passed away Friday, after passing out while performing an agility test on South Marginal Road the day before. It is still not clear what caused the collapse.
Calling hours were held Wednesday at Chambers Funeral Home.
Members of the public are invited to line his funeral procession route, which is as follows:
From Our Lady of Angels Church to Lakewood Park Cemetery:
- South on Rocky River Drive from the church.
- Turn right (W/B) onto Lorain Avenue.
- Take Lorain Avenue to W. 210th Street.
- Turn right (N/B) onto W. 210th Street, take W. 210th Street (turns into Wagar Rd at Center Ridge) to Westway Drive
- Turn left (W/B) onto Westway Drive, take Westway Drive to Detroit Road.
- Turn left (W/B) onto Detroit Road to Lakewood Park Cemetery, located at 22025 Detroit Road. Turn left into cemetery.
The family says Officer Nguyen will be buried alongside his late son, Devin. He is survived by his wife and two daughters.