LYNDHURST, Ohio -- The Lyndhurst Fire Department is warning e-cigarette users to be cautious after a rechargeable battery exploded.

The e-cigarette battery exploded inside the pocket of a worker at a local business, according to a Facebook post from the fire department.

E-cigarette battery explosion  
E-cigarette battery explosion  

Officials say there were no injuries, but these type of incidents are on the rise.

The fire department warns e-cigarette users to keep the batteries away from copper and metal, including car keys and loose change.

"Please be cautious when carrying an e-cigarette vaporizer and avoid carrying them on your body," the fire department wrote in the post.

LFD "A" shift responded to one of our local business's for fire alarm activation. While enroute, dispatch advised there...

Posted by Lyndhurst Fire Department on Tuesday, February 23, 2016