LAKEWOOD, Ohio — A woman is dead after she was apparently hit by a dump truck Monday afternoon in Lakewood.
Police were called to the intersection of West 117th Street and Clifton Boulevard around 4:05 p.m. Witnesses said the victim was crossing West 117th along the crosswalk when she was struck.
Lakewood Police Department identified the victim as Karen Mack. According to Captain William Albercht, the 57-year-old woman resided on Clifton Boulevard. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No charges have been filed at this time. The driver remained in the area and spoke with officers following the incident.
This incident is still under investigation.
- Ohio State Highway Patrol: 5 people dead, 3 hospitalized following multi-vehicle crash in Geauga County
- AAA: More than 2 million Ohioans expected to travel for the Thanksgiving holiday
- Cleveland Police seek help identifying suspect in armed robbery that left one injured
- What Cleveland travel experts want you to know before hitting the road or catching your flight this holiday season
- Cuyahoga County to receive $4.2 million in grants to hire more police officers
- Ohio A.G. Dave Yost warns of scammers claiming to be Amazon, other big companies
- Former Cleveland Indians relief ace Doug Jones dies at 64
- COVID-19 in Ohio: State reports 4,370 new cases in the last 24 hours
- Woman dies after Jeep overturns in North Olmsted crash: Police release new details from the incident