HUNTSBURG, Ohio — Three people are dead following a house fire in Geauga County Saturday morning.
Officials tell 3News the blaze broke out on the 11200 block of Clay Street in Huntsburg Township just after 7 a.m., and firefighters quickly arrived on scene and doused the flames. Unfortunately, they discovered three of the home's occupants did not make it out.
Middlefield Fire Lt. Ben Reed says the victims are two males and one female, with one being under the age of 18. Their names are not being released at this time.
"It’s just a horrific thing," Reed said. "We are going to try and find out what's going on."
Three other people inside the house were able to make it out. They were taken to University Hospitals Geauga Medical Center, according to Reed.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation. Both the Geauga County Fire Investigative Unit and the Ohio State Fire Marshal are surveying the damage.
This is a developing story. Please stay with 3News for updates as they become available.
- Man killed after car hits horse-drawn farming implement in Wayne County; drunk driving suspected
- US economy sees plenty of growth, but not enough workers or supplies
- Memorial Day microphone controversy: Ohio American Legion suspends Hudson's charter, top official resigns
- Tribute held to remember 2-year anniversary of Rocky River Reservation murders
- Drake Bell of Nickelodeon's 'Drake and Josh' charged with crimes involving a 15-year-old girl in Cuyahoga County
- 'Blindsided': East Cleveland teachers surprised, 'hurt' by recent layoffs