MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio — A child is in the hospital today after a crash on I-71 South in Medina County near SR 303.
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP), the crash happened early Monday afternoon when a truck carrying steel coils collided with "several vehicles" on the highway.
Officials tell 3News that three people traveling in a BMW were injured in the accident and that one child was flown to University Hospitals for their injuries.
RELATED: Ohio State Highway Patrol issues over 500 distracted driving citations in one week, including 45 in Cuyahoga County
At the time, two of the three lanes on I-71 S were closed, but the highway is now reopen to traffic, officials tell 3News.
No other information is available at this time.
This is a developing story. Check back with 3News for updates.
MORE LOCAL HEADLINES:
- RELATED: 'Akron's Suez Canal'; Large dome-shaped object temporarily stops traffic on I-76 West
- RELATED: 'Basketball is being associated falsely with violence': Lakewood residents demand transparency after hoops taken down at Madison Park
- RELATED: Ohio State Highway Patrol joins 5 other agencies in crackdown on distracted driving
- RELATED: Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley launches campaign to be Ohio’s next governor
- RELATED: Police: 26-year-old shot in the head on Cleveland's east side, transported to MetroHealth in critical condition
- RELATED: Search investigation underway after deadly boat collision on Ohio River, 2 missing
- RELATED: Police break up large block party near Ohio State campus; several cars flipped over
Editor's note: The video in the player below is from a previously published story.