WILLOUGHBY HILLS, Ohio — A 64-year-old man is dead after his motorcycle lost control and crashed early Thursday evening in Lake County.
Willoughby Hills police say the man was driving his Suzuki bike along Interstate 90 east around 6 p.m. when he went off the left side of the highway while trying to make a turn near the I-271 interchange. The vehicle then traveled down an embankment and into a ravine, while the driver was thrown from his seat.
The victim died at the scene from his injuries. His name has not been released at this time.
Lake County authorities are continuing their investigation into this incident.
More local headlines:
- Crime in Cleveland going up as number of officers goes down: Mark Naymik Reports
- Cleveland police safely locate missing children 3 days after they were last seen
- Woman hit by 10 pound package of meat during fight at South Euclid Walmart
- Police: Gina DeJesus carjacked in Cleveland at gunpoint
- New Put-In-Bay branding aims to draw 'weekday' crowds
- Cedar Point opening for 2021 season Friday: What's new this year and all the COVID changes you need to know
- Authorities release age-progression photo of Ohio woman missing since 2013
- Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson announces investments in city's COVID recovery
- Berea's National Rib Cook-Off and Beer Fest returning to Northeast Ohio Memorial Day weekend
- Attorney General Dave Yost proposes $1,000 premium pay for Ohio officers for work during pandemic