LAKE COUNTY, Ohio — *Editor's Note: The video in the player above is from a previous report.
The Lake County Sherriff's Office is investigating the apparent suicide of one of its residents.
Emanuel Irby failed to appear in court Thursday morning for day three of his trial, and after several failed attempts to contact him, a warrant was issued for his arrest. Irby was being tried for his role in the 2020 fatal shooting of a man at his home on Pinecrest Road in Concord Township.
In attempting to locate Mr. Irby, the Lake County Sherriff's Department responded to his home and "there was reason to believe he was inside the residence." Due to this, SWAT was called to the scene to serve the arrest warrant.
After again failing to contact Irby after several attempts, SWAT officials entered the home and found him dead of an apparent suicide.
The incident remains under investigation. Stay with 3News for more details as they become available.
*Editor's Note: The video in the player above is from a previous report.
- RELATED: Cleveland State University's Wolstein Center COVID-19 mass vaccination site to close on June 7
- RELATED: Yes, the National Park Service is following CDC guidance for the 2021 season
- RELATED: Look: President Joe Biden stops at Honey Hut for ice cream during Cleveland visit
- RELATED: Yes, vaccinated people can transmit COVID-19 through kissing
- RELATED: WATCH | Meet the first Vax-a-Million winners in Ohio's COVID vaccine lottery: 'I still can't believe it'
- RELATED: The return of Honey Hut ice cream: ‘Major’ changes unveiled at Huntington Beach