PAINESVILLE, Ohio — The City of Mentor confirmed to 3News that Painesville City Fire Department responded to a wind-driven brush fire in Painesville on Wednesday morning.
According to the Painesville City Fire Department (PCFD), the fire broke out in a field 1779 North Ashwood Lane. PCFD received help from Painesville Township as well as Mentor Fire Departments.
Upon arriving at the scene, six minutes later, PCFD discovered several large wildland fires near North Ashwood Lane along the CSX railroad.
The Mentor Fire Department said on Facebook that "while extinguishment attempts were being made our neighbors were also dealing with a wildfire of their own."
The fire caused little impact on Mentor, according to city officials. There were no injuries, road closures or evacuations from the fire. As of 6:27 a.m. the fire had almost been contained.
PCFD also received assistance from the Chardon, Concord, Eastlake, Fairport Harbor, Grand River, Kirtland, Leroy, Madison, Wickliffe, Willoughby, Willoughby Hills Fire Departments and the Perry Joint Fire District as well as the Painesville Police Department.
At this time, no other details have been released. Stay with 3News as we learn more information.
- Here are all the winning Powerball prizes sold in Ohio for the record-breaking $2.04 billion jackpot
- Northeast Ohio issues tracker: Akron voters approve police oversight board; East Cleveland mayor survives recall attemp
- Crews battle fire at downtown Cleveland apartment building
- Medical Mutual of Ohio to leave downtown headquarters for site in Brooklyn
- Man fatally shot while playing basketball at Cleveland's Regent Park
- Adarus Black found guilty of murdering Akron teen Na'Kia Crawford in 2020
- Bath Elementary School evacuated due to bomb threat
- Man dies in Cleveland hit-and-run crash
- 71-year-old man found fatally shot in Euclid after 14-year-old pulled over with his car in Pennsylvania
EDITOR'S NOTE: The video above previously aired on 3News on Nov. 8, 2022.