LORAIN COUNTY, Ohio — Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers were called to double-fatal crash Tuesday afternoon at the intersection of Oberlin and Russian Roads in New Russia Township in Lorain County.
Authorities say a 2014 Nissan Versa was traveling eastbound on Russia and a 2005 Dodge 1500 was headed northbound on Oberlin. The driver of the Dodge apparently ran a stop sign and struck the Nissan.
The Nissan was being driven by 66-year-old Roy A. Van Keuren of, Grafton. His passenger, 65-year-old Susan J. Van Keuren, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Dodge was being operated by 28-year-old Elyria resident Mason A. Smith. Both he and Roy Van Keuren was transported from the crash site to MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland with serious injuries, but troopers were later notified by the hospital that Smith died from his injuries after arriving.
The crash remains under investigation.
More local headlines:
- Elyria Councilman Mark Jessie pleads not guilty following arrest in statewide human trafficking sting
- The Gathering Place continues to provide hope and support for cancer patients
- VOTE NOW: Choose where you want to send WKYC.com for our High School Football Game of the Week!
- 8-year-old boy dies in house fire in Cleveland's Slavic Village
- Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham accuses Northeast Ohio congressional candidate Max Miller of abuse
- Angry residents pack community meeting for new Cuyahoga County property tax appraisals
- Man dies after being hit by car in Cleveland Heights