LORAIN, Ohio — Areas of the City of Lorain are under a precautionary boil advisory Thursday evening.
A pump failure occurred around 7:15 p.m. at the Red Hill pump station and caused temporary low pressures for the area that could have dropped the minimum operating pressure, the Lorain Utilities Department said in a press release.
The advisory impacts residents living on the following streets:
- Appleseed Drive
- Baldwin Boulevard
- Basswood Drive
- Bayberry Road
- Belmont Drive
- Broadway Avenue from Cooper Foster Park Road to Route 2
- Broadway Avenue north of Cooper Foster and on the west side of Broadway to W. 39th Street
- Cherrywood Drive
- Clement Drive
- Cooper Foster Park Road from Oberlin Avenue to Elyria Avenue
- Cottonwood Drive
- Dannie Drive
- Debra Drive
- Dorwood Drive
- Fiesta Court
- Herrick Court
- Hickory Hill Avenue
- Hoover Boulevard
- Jefferson, west of Broadway
- Kingsway Drive
- North Ridge Road from Broadway to Oberlin Avenue
- Old Middle Ridge Road
- Orchard Hill Boulevard
- Princess Anne Court
- Queen Anne Avenue
- The trailer park on Reid Avenue, south of W. 39th Street
- Washington Avenue from Tower Boulevard to North Ridge Road
- West 39th Street from Broadway to Reid Avenue
- West 42nd Place
- West 45th Place
- Whispering Pines Place
According to the department, The Hidden valley subdivision is not impacted by the advisory.
The advisory is in effect until further notice, but for a minimum of 24 hours. The Department reiterates this is a precautionary measure.
Officials will provide an update when the advisory is lifted.